By: gaga | 2011-01-12 | Business www.nbcuni.com NBC Universal, Inc. is a media and entertainment company formed in May 2004 by the merger of General Electric's NBC with Vivendi's Vivendi Universal Entertainment (VUE). General Electric (GE) owns 80% of NBC Universal with the remaining 20% owned by Vivendi. On December 3, 2009, GE and US cable TV operator Comcast announced a buyout agreement for NBC Universal. After the transaction completes, and pending regulatory approval read more
By: Mary Rose | 2011-04-28 | Politics Barrack Obama – the 44th and first African American descent President of the United States of America – has two daughters Malia Ann and Sasha. Malia Ann was born on July 4, 1998. Her younger sister Sasha, also known as Natasha, was born June 10, 2001 which turns her into the youngest resident in the White House since 1961. Both two daughters currently study at the private Sidwell Friends School.
Barrack Obama has an endless love for his lovely kids. He has stated in an open letter to his daughters that he wanted them “to grow up in a world with no limits on your dreams and no achievements beyond your reach, and to grow into compassionate, committed women who will help build that world”.
Here are some cutest moments of Obama’s daughters and wife. read more
By: Mary Rose | 2011-08-19 | News and society Prince Harry, who didn’t want to get married and wanted to spend more time concentrating on his Apache helicopter training, has recently split up with Florence Brudenell-Bruce, whom he started dating this June. Besides this lingerie model, the 26-year-old royal was found to romance with a number of women over the years. read more
By: John Stevens | 2011-09-27 | News and society The exactly 25-year-old gap cannot prevent Oscar winning actor Michael Douglas having built a happy family with his wife, talented actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, for over 12 years. In honor of Michael’s and Catherine’s respective 67th and 42nd birthdays on Sept. 25, let's take a look at the couple's happy life through the time. read more
By: witch | 2010-10-10 | Negotiation Development The original iPlayer service was launched in October 2005, undergoing a five month long trial of five thousand broadband users until 28 February 2006 read more
By: gaga | 2010-12-31 | Business History Timeline (full list) Year Engine Event 1993 W3Catalog Launch Aliweb Launch JumpStation Launch 1994 WebCrawler Launch Infoseek Launch Lycos Launch 1995 AltaVista Launch Open Text Web Index Launch Magellan Launch Excite Launch SAPO Launch 1996 Dogpile Launch Inktomi Founded HotBot Founded Ask Jeeves Founded 1997 Northern Light Launch Yandex Launch 1998 Google Launch 1999 AlltheWeb Launch GenieKnows Founded Naver Launch Teoma Founded Vivisimo Founded 2000 Baidu Founded Exalead Founded 2003 read more
By: Rosemary Lichtman, Ph.D. | 2011-01-18 | Article Marketing Betty White, Lifetime Achievement Award winner at 88 "and one-half," as Betty proudly declares, is the poster gal for throwing away the calendar when talking about age. Using her as a role model, here are 7 tips Baby Boomers can use to age gracefully and energetically. read more
By: Henry Funk | 2011-08-12 | News and society Hollywood star Brad Pitt used to be named Dad of the Year 2006 in a new Father's Day poll. After the birth of his beautiful baby twins, Brad Pitt said that “I’m the happiest father ever.” read more
By: John Stevens | 2011-09-19 | News and society Orlando Bloom, who real name is Orlando Jonathan Blanchard Bloom, is a famous English actor. Since his is break-through roles in 2001 as the elf-prince Legolas in The Lord of the Rings in 2003, he remained as a staple of award ceremonies. Besides, the 34-year-old actor has featured on countless “hottest actors” lists. Let see interesting facts of one of the world’s most well-known celebrities. read more
By: Navaid Syed | 2011-08-31 | Politics This is the fifth in a series of articles, regarding U.S. debt, deficit and recent, unprecedented, credit downgrade by Standard and Poor's. Examines the economic, financial and fiscal policies, and successes and failures of president Obama in these sectors. Series provides a very broad based and in depth historical, political, economic, financial and fiscal analysis of causes and effects of downgrade. Tries to figure out what it means to country, nation, an average Joe and the world, as a whole. read more
By: gaga | 2010-12-27 | Business History The Centennial Women were a group formed to raise funds for Rhode Island's exhibit at the Centennial Exposition in 1876. The group had $1,675 left over after the exposition, and, inspired by foreign exhibits on design and interior decorating, Helen Adelia Rowe Metcalf persuaded the group to donate the money to found what would become the Rhode Island School of Design. The school was incorporated in 1877 and opened its doors the following fall read more