Thyroid disorders are considered on their own and require treatment on a regular basis. It is now a widespread problem across the world. The thyroid is a very small gland present in the throat that secretes hormones responsible for body metabolism, temperature as well as growth. Basically, there are two primary disorders associated with the thyroid, and they are hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Other than that, there are several other issues related to the thyroid gland.
Along with meditations, some of the yoga asanas, such as Sarvangasana, Halasana, Matsyasana, etc. that, have proven to be beneficial in decreasing thyroid problems. They are like a natural remedy for effectively dealing with thyroid problems. It might not cure the thyroid problem instantly, but it helps in keeping the gland healthy and in proper regulation of metabolism.
Have a look at some of the yoga asana that helps in efficiently decreasing thyroid disorders. It strengthens the muscles and also possesses a decreasing effect on thyroid issues. All these yoga poses are taught in yoga schools in Rishikesh.
Here are some of the yoga asana that assists in dealing with thyroid poses:
- Viparita Karani or inverted pose: This pose is also called the legs up the wall pose. It is best for several ailments, such as hypothyroidism. It enhances the flow of blood to the thyroid gland and helps regulate thyroid function. Besides that, this pose has a rejuvenating effect on your mind. It also assists in relieving stress, fighting anxiety, and also treating insomnia.
- Sarvangasana or Shoulder stand pose: This yoga pose is a typical pose taught in 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. It helps in the proper maintenance of the governing body system that is the endocrine system. It puts pressure on your thyroid gland. Your gland receives the best supply of blood. Sarvangasana also enhances blood circulation and also squeezes still secretion. It helps in discharging blood into your neck and assists in nourishing the thyroid gland and reversing hypothyroidism.
- Ustrasana or camel pose: This pose allows stimulating the thyroid gland by stretching the neck and enhancing blood circulation in the thyroid gland. When you practice this yoga pose for the thyroid gland, it helps in getting relief from the spine issues. It also assists in getting relief for people who are suffering from asthma. But this pose must be avoided in case you are suffering from a hernia or ulcers. People having arthritis or abdominal pain must avoid doing this camel pose.
- Setu Bandhasana or Bridge pose: It is one of the effective yoga poses for your thyroid gland, primarily hypothyroidism. It has a stretching effect on your neck and enhances blood circulation in the thyroid gland. This pose is also best for the treatment of asthma, decreasing headaches, and making your muscles strong. People in their final trimester must avoid doing this pose.
- Matsyasana or Fish pose: With this pose, your back arch in such a way that it enhances blood circulation to your thyroid gland. This pose will stretch the neck and your throat and have a stimulating effect on your thyroid gland. It possesses a relieving impact on the area. The pose is carried out by head inversion. This helps in encouraging the flow of blood to the thyroid gland and is thus best for people who are suffering from hypothyroidism. This pose also assists in the maintenance of abdominal muscles health along with the spinal column.
Whether hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism or any other kind of thyroid disorder, all of them adversely affect your life quality. Doctors often advise proper medications along with a good lifestyle. Yoga for the thyroid gland helps in balancing body energy, levels of hormone, body flexibility and relieves stress levels.
Yoga has a positive effect on both underactive and overactive thyroid glands. All of the poses described above are like natural remedies and help keep your gland healthy. It saves you from severe thyroid issues such as goiter, heart issues, mental health issues, etc. When you follow these asanas and make sure you are maintaining the correct postures, they assist you in tackling thyroid issues very efficiently. If you want to gain more knowledge in yoga or teach people about yoga, then select a 200 hour or 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh.