As simple as it sounds to place a point, it requires extensive research and assessment to write an argumentative essay paper. You have to be meaningful and impactful in your supporting evidence. Selecting such a topic is not duck soup. There are certain parameters to consider while deciding the subject matter.
Tips to Pick a Good Argumentative Topic
- Most importantly, a topic must be arguable so that it has a point of discussion on whether to agree or disagree.
- The topic should hold a controversial issue that will have the capacity to keep the readers engaged.
- There should be enough insights available to support your claim.
- Consider choosing a topic that is based on a current issue. If you discuss a topic that holds no particular value in present times, it may tend to be less influential on your audience.
- Write on a theme that you are interested on, so that you are more enthusiastic to express your opinion.
- Choose a topic that answers what, how, why, when, and where.
- Back off if you are emotionally attached to the issue. Else, your decision will be clouded with biased judgment, instead of valid facts.
- Think outside the box and take the risk to challenge an already existing concern like a taboo or a banned issue.
- Unlike other academic papers, argumentative papers are lengthier. Therefore, concentrate on a topic that can come up with more than two arguments to answer any counterarguments.
Through an argumentative essay, you make an attempt to convince your audience of your thesis statement. But there should always be room for dissent which is the primary essence of the argument. One solid tip provided by PenMyEssays is to write an argumentative title in a question format that asks readers for their opinion in either Yes or No, True or False, or For or Against. Concentrate on the question terms ‘should’, ‘does’, ‘is’, and ‘are’. This will ensure the debatable factor. And then it should be followed by strong reasoning. For example,
“Is life imprisonment equivalent to the death penalty?”
“Should parents be involved in the studies of college students?”
“Does Netflix benefit more on weekends?”
“Are dating apps responsible for breaking marriages these days?”
Many such conundrums can be thought of if you actively screen your environment and are well-updated with current affairs. You have to read latest books, articles, journals, magazines, and other scholarly published works. The importance of news is valued here at its best.
In case you have limited time available to submit and don’t intend to invest any more of it in looking for an impressive topic, then consider taking writing help by penmypaper for your research paper.
Top 30 Argumentative Essay Paper Topics of 2023
- Is GIF marketing better than meme marketing?
- Should social media news be banned to avoid misinformation?
- Does animal testing actually help humans?
- Should schools add compulsory foreign language studies to their curriculum?
- Should court proceedings be televised?
- Are job sectors getting affected by the rise of YouTubers?
- Has AR and VR-friendly colleges benefited their students?
- Should abortions be legalized globally?
- Do crime shows influence more crime?
- Can regular music therapy lessen work stress?
- Can privacy issues lead to differences between parents and children?
- Is buying a plot on the moon worth it?
- Has the pandemic been a boon to the gardening hobby?
- Is equity more important than equality?
- Are people losing interest in magic shows?
- Does the revolution of music make any sense?
- Is a college education necessary to make a good earning?
- Has online shopping impacted brick-and-mortar stores?
- Should the minimum age of voting be the same in every country?
- Are too many assignments one of the main factors leading to students’ depression?
- Should schools stop installing vending machines on their campus?
- Wealthy students always get the best education facilities than others.
- Should political leaders be more reachable to the general public?
- Should all workplaces have their own mental health counselors?
- Do divorce affect children’s mental health?
- Should workplaces have compulsory retirement programs to benefit their employees?
- Is technology the most responsible for the disruptive behavior of children?
- Should magic mushrooms be legalized for its medicinal properties?
- Does voting make any difference?
- Can patriotism have negative impacts?
This list is a compilation of politics, education, ethics, controversy, technology, wellness, and fun topics, all of which are interesting to write on. If you still feel this list isn’t enough for your area of interest, then don’t mind buying a essay online for your own ease. If researched and articulated thoroughly, your argumentative paper can stand out in your skills and grades for sure.
Angela Spearman is a journalist at EzineMark who enjoys writing about the latest trending technology and business news.