There has been a constant war between the two most dominating operating systems, apple’s iOS and Google’s Android. Each of the two operating systems has amazing features and services to offer. But the debate about which operating system is better is never-ending. While one operating system is used more widely, the other offers the highest revenue generation, making it very difficult to decide which operating system is better for app development.
However, there are five aspects in which iOS is better than Android:
Apple has set high standards of security. Hacking an Apple device is way harder than hacking an android device. Even the standards for app security are tougher, making it a very secure operating system.
Since apple is already very particular about security, app developers don’t have to worry too much about the security aspect of the application. However, android app developers need to take extra precautions to ensure application security.
2. Software/ Hardware Integration
The applications are very well-integrated into an Apple device because the operating system is built specifically for Apple products. On the other hand, android is made for a very wide range of devices, and thus, it is more generic.
iOS applications perform better than Android applications. The UI/UX design of iOS makes the performance good. Moreover, the responsiveness is way better in iOS because of the tight integrations and apple’s high-app standards
4. Easy to use
Software on an apple device is easy to use; the UI of any software on apple is in line with the other applications, enabling users to use the application very naturally. Navigation is similar for all the applications, thus, users find it easier to use even the new applications.
5. Frequent Updates
iOS gets updated quite frequently, making sure the quality standards are maintained. Consequently, the user experience remains uncompromised.
6. Easy to Develop
Developing an application for iOS is much easier than developing an app for Android because of the programming language. Swift is the most commonly used programming language; this language is easy to use, read, and even identifying and fixing errors is easier.
In addition, Xcode, the IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for iOS software development, is amazing in terms of tools and services!
7. Easier to Test
Android applications need to be tested over such a wide range of devices to ensure they work fine on all of them. On the other hand, iOS applications only have to be tested over apple devices because only apple devices have this operating system. Since you need to test the device on a lesser number of devices, it’s much easier and lesser time-consuming.
8. Lower Cost of Development
iOS applications are easier to develop and test. Plus, iOS software development consumes lesser time. Thus, developing these apps are cheaper than developing the application for Android.
9. Higher Return on Investment
Statistics have shown that apple’s app store generates higher revenue than the google play store. 85.1 billion USD was generated through consumer spending on apps in 2021. From 2017 to 2021, consumer spending increased by 120%!
Hence, it is safe to say that the return on investment prospects are highly promising for iOS. The purchasing power is higher of apple owners. And even their trust on their system is much higher.
Challenges of iOS Software Development
While iOS may be better than Android for software development, there are a number of challenges that you may come across during the development process. Here is a list of challenges that you may face:
- Cost of equipment; to develop iOS applications, you must have a mac which is quite expensive.
- Apple Developers License, which costs $99, is required to publish the app on the app store. This license has to be renewed annually if you want the application to stay in the app store
- Apple allows lesser customization because of its standards of UI design
- The app needs to be approved by apple before it gets launched; this may lead to delays and rejection of applications.
To counter these challenges, you should hire a leadingiOS app development company: due to their prior experience and knowledge, none of the above would be an issue for this development company.
App Development Process
A successful iOS app development process may look like this:
- Brainstorming; you have to think about an idea, reflect upon it, and develop it. The more sorted you are about your plan, the better your plan is.
- Research; you must investigate the prospects of your idea and reflect upon how practical and feasible it is. You may conduct competitor analysis, market research, and consumer research. At this stage, you may also figure out what features, technologies, and trends you should include in your app.
- Develop a robust plan which includes your goals, app requirements, audience, budget, and timeline.
- Hire the bestapp development NYC company to execute your plan
- Make sure the UI/UX design is exceptional but also in line with Apple’s standards
- Test the design
- Test the codes
- Test the software after all the codes have been compiled
- Market and promote your app to create awareness about your app and to build a reputation and the trust of the users.
- Launch the app in the store after marketing the application. Make sure you optimize the app store.
- Monitor the application and update it whenever needed. It is particularly important to incorporate user feedback and to monitor the performance after the iOS gets updated.
iOS app development is a very promising opportunity that you should explore. If you aim to generate monetary benefits from your app, iOS is a better choice because of the intricate operating system. You should opt for the best iOS app development company to make your app development NYC a success.